Sunday, August 31, 2014

Introduction

Welcome!

Here you'll find an occasional post on Operationalization.  First, you may be wondering what Operationalization means.  According to Merriam-Webster it is "to make operational".  What will I be making operational?  Well, I find the process of making software products/websites operational very interesting.  Typically it is a combination of culture and engineering practices.

Next, you may have seen the term "o16n".  What is that about?  If you count the number of letters in the word "operationalization" you'll find 18 letters.  Replace the middle 16 letters with "16" and you get "o16n"!  Much easier to type and say o16n.

I like to use analogies much of the time.  I find that a good analogy makes it easier to understand a concept.  And I like to use the Socratic method in order to make the learning process more engaging.

Your feedback is always appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment